This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
Episode 23 – Everything you need to know about visiting London in December
In this week’s episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast I share information and tips for visiting London in December. This is my favourite time of year to visit the UK capital with so much to see and do and the fabulous festive atmosphere to enjoy.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 23 – Show Notes
Visiting London in December
Topics covered in this episode include:
- What to expect when visiting London in December
- What sort of weather you can expect
- Hours of daylight in London in December (sunrise and sunset times)
- What to pack
- Answers to frequently asked questions about visiting London in December
- We share some of our favourite things to do in London in December including
- Enjoying the Christmas lights
- Taking a festive tour whether a walking tour, cruise down the Thames, Christmas market tour or bus tour
- Some of our favourite markets
- Special events such as at Kew Gardens or Harry Potter studios
- Going to a Pantomime
- Talking a stroll through one of the Royal Parks
- What is open (and closed) on Christmas Day plus suggestions about things to do
- What is open (and closed) on Boxing Day plus suggestions about things to do
- Information about public transport in London on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Kew Gardens >> Read more about Christmas as Kew
- Harry Potter Studios for Hogwarts in the snow >> Experience Christmas in the wizarding world
- Trafalgar Square – enjoy the Christmas tree and carol singers >> For more information about the timings of the carol singers click here
- South Bank Winter Festival >> Held from 3 Nov 2022 – 8 Jan 2023. For more information click here.
- Winter Wonderland >> 18 Nov 2022 – 02 January 2023. For more information click here.
- JW3 Ice Rink >> 4 December 2022-2 January 2023. For more information click here.
- Christmas lights >> Oxford, Regent, Bond and Carnaby Streets plus Covent Garden and South Bank are must-visits!
A transcript of this episode is available to read on our website here or click here to download a PDF version.
We also have some useful planning resources on this website and our sister site London Travel planning to help you to plan your visit to London in December:
- A complete guide to visiting London in December
- Book a Christmas photo shoot with Domi of Scalens Studio
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!