This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 59 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast I welcome guest Debra Blazer who shares her trip report from her first family trip outside of the United States. Debra takes us on a journey through her adventures in the UK, providing valuable insights, recommendations, and memorable moments.
Join us for inspiration and practical tips for your own UK road trip travel adventures.
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 59 – Show Notes
Trip Report 12 day family road trip of England + Scotland with Debra Blazer
Topics covered in this episode include:
- How Debra planned her trip once they had decided to visit England and Scotland on a 12 day road trip
- How Debra and her family travelled around the UK (by car and Caledonian sleeper)
- Some of Debra’s favourite accommodation choices (including an Airbnb and a castle)
- How Debra and her family packed for the trip
- A chat through their 12 day UK road trip itinerary with particular mention of some of the highlights
- Debra’s top tip for anyone planning a visit to the UK for the first time
- Links to Debra’s Etsy shops –
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Bolton Castle in Yorkshire
- Hadrian’s Wall – Vindolanda and Housesteads
- Janet’s Airbnb in Sparty Lea in Northumberland (near Hexham)
- Scottish destinations including Edinburgh, Balmoral, Elgin, Peden, Loch Ness, the Isle of Skye, Glen Coe, Castle Stalker, Doune Castle, Brodie Castle and Glasgow
Click here to download a PDF Transcript of Episode 59
Useful resources – articles and podcasts
- Tripiamo >> the driving resource Debra wished they had used
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step-by-step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!