This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 79 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast we discuss 12 tips for planning a UK road trip.
We chat about Tripiamo – a resource for North American drivers planning to drive in the UK. We stress the importance of booking car hire in advance, choosing the right size of car, and considering hidden costs like toll roads and roadworks. We also emphasise the need to request an automatic transmission if necessary.
Also hear our own experiences with recent road trips in Cornwall and Scotland and the road trip itineraries available on this website!
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 79 – Show Notes
Planning Your Perfect UK Road Trip: Expert Tips and Itinerary Ideas
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Tripiamo is recommended for North American drivers to prepare for driving in the UK.
- Check out the UK travel planning website for road trip itinerary suggestions and podcast episodes about road trips.
- Book car hire in advance and avoid picking up or dropping off on Sundays.
- Rent the right size of car for your needs, considering fuel costs and parking space availability.
- Make sure to have all necessary paperwork, including your driver’s license, when picking up your car.
- Automatic transmission cars are less available, so specify if you need one.
- Pace yourself when planning your itinerary due to congestion and potential delays.
- Consider hidden costs such as toll roads and roadworks during your route planning.
Click here to download an AI generated PDF Transcript of Episode 79
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!