This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 71 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast, we chat about all things festive! Get ready to be swept away into a magical festive season in London. We’re going to cover all the enchanting Christmas activities you can enjoy in the capital city – from the dazzling Christmas lights on Oxford and Regent Street, to the delightful Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland and the South Bank Winter Festival.
Ever wondered what Hogwarts looks like covered in snow? Well, let’s make the trip to Harry Potter Studios together to find out. We’ll also explore the festive charm of Christmas at Kew and the iconic Norwegian Christmas tree at Trafalgar Square. To top it off, we’ll indulge in the quirky British tradition of a pantomime – oh yes we will!
As a special treat, we’re joined by Domi from Scalens Studio, a holiday photographer in London. She’ll be sharing her top tips on how to book a festive photo shoot that captures the essence of this magical season.
You’ll discover the best locations for that perfect holiday snap, with Domi’s top three spots – Regent Street, Oxford Street, and Covent Garden. Plus, hear about the spectacular Christmas lights that transform the city in November, creating the ideal background for your Christmas card.
Join us, and let’s create some unforgettable holiday memories in London!
And here’s a cherry on top, an exclusive discount code UKTPPODCAST to get US$10 off our essential London guide and itinerary planner eBook.
So, plug in your headphones and prepare to ace your London trip planning!
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 71 – Show Notes
🎄Things to do in London at Christmas
Topics covered in this episode include:
- London at Christmas is a fantastic time to visit with a great atmosphere and beautiful Christmas lights.
- Some of the best things to do in London at Christmas include enjoying the Christmas lights in Central London, taking a tour to see the lights, attending a Christmas show or pantomime, and visiting the Southbank Winter Festival and Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland.
- Other activities include visiting Hogwarts in the Snow at the Harry Potter Studios, experiencing Christmas at Kew Gardens, seeing the Christmas tree at Trafalgar Square, exploring the Christmas markets in various locations, and booking a festive photoshoot in London.
- Domi from Scalens Studio shares insights about booking a festive photoshoot and highlights the best places to take pictures in London.
Click here to download an AI-generated PDF Transcript of Episode 71
- Visiting London in December (article)
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!