In episode 47 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast, Tracy chats with Doug to answer your top 10 frequently asked questions about travelling in the UK.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 47 – Show Notes
Practical Tips for Visiting the UK: Your Top 10 FAQs Answered
In this episode, you will learn:
- Where to get travel planning information and advice
- How to access Wifi in the UK
- What plug adapter you will need
- Is tipping expected and how much to tip
- What to pack for the seasons
- How to get from the airport to your hotel
- How far in advance to book things (and popular places that really need to be booked earlier)
- Where to stay in London, Bath, Edinburgh or York
- Whether you need to travel with cash
- Whether you should buy an oyster card for getting around London
⭐️ A PDF transcript of this episode is available to download here
We also have some useful planning resources on this website for
- Find all of the UK Travel Planning Travel Guides on the website
- Listen to more of the UK Travel Planning podcast
- Visit the London Travel Planning website
- Join the UK Train Travel tips Facebook group
- Get the Guide to UK Train Travel
- Find out about voltage in the UK here
- Learn about Oyster cards here Learn about sim card and WiFi options in the UK here
Related podcast episodes
- Episode 24 – Getting around London
- Episode 43 – Unravelling the mysteries of Train travel in the UK: Expert Answers to 15 FAQs
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!