This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 49 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast, Tracy chats with Karen from SmartStepstoAustralia.com all about flying long haul. Together they share their tips, advice and information about long haul travel (including flying with kids).
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 49 – Show Notes
Jet Set Go: Essential Tips for Long Haul Flying from Start to Finish
In this episode, you will learn:
- What to pack, including hand luggage essentials
- Why packing cubes are so useful
- How to enjoy a comfortable flight
- How to avoid jet lag
- Apps you can use to relax
- How to be organised for your flight and trip, including paperwork and visas
- Tips for flying with kids
- Planning your arrival transport and hotel
⭐️ A PDF transcript of this episode is available to download here
We also have some useful planning resources on this website
- Read Karen’s blog post about various options of inflatable flight pillows that turn the seat into a bed for toddlers
- Check out Karen’s blog post about flying long haul with kids (it’s about flying when you’re moving to Australia but the tips and advice are relevant when flying on holiday too!)
Related podcast episodes
- Episode 46 – Karen and Tracy chat to share their tips about visiting Harry Potter Studios
- Episode 45 – Karen interviews Tracy all about her 2023 UK travels so far
- Episode 37 – Trip Report – 6 week family adventure from Australia to the UK where Tracy interviews Karen about her recent trip
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!