This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 45 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast, the tables are turned! UK Travel Planning Founder Tracy is interviewed by her friend Karen to talk about her 2023 UK trip so far.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 45 – Show Notes
Tracy’s Trip Report – 2 Weeks in the UK 2023 Update
In this episode, you will learn:
- What Tracy has been up to over the last couple of weeks in the UK.
- How Tracy is getting around the UK.
- What types of accommodation Tracy has been staying in.
- Whether Tracy prefers using an Oyster Card or contactless.
- The highlights of Tracy’s trip so far.
- Tracy’s favourite UK foods.
- What’s the one thing Tracy wished she had packed.
- How Tracy’s ‘cash challenge’ is going (how much change does she have left from the £60 she started with?)
- What London is like right now (right before the coronation).
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Lincoln – a historic city with a stunning cathedral and medieval castle.
- Cambridge – a historic city that is home of a prestigious university. Tracy mentions Kings College Chapel and the Eagle pub.
- London – Tracy mentions the London Eye, Covent Garden, Notting Hill, V&A (Cast Courts), Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Windsor Castle, changing of the guard, Fortnum and Mason, Ted Lasso Tour and Trooping of the Colour. London Hotels mentioned – Tracy stayed at Z Holborn and Park Plaza County Hall
- Paris – Tracy will report back on her day tours in a future podcast. You can read more about Paris day tours on Tracy’s travel blog here.
⭐️ A PDF transcript of this episode is available to download here
We also have some useful planning resources on this website for
- Read this to decide between Oyster card or contactless?
Related podcast episodes
- Episode 38 – An introduction to some of Britain’s iconic foods
- Episode 41 – Visit Medieval South East England with John England Tours
- Episode 33 – A chat with Victoria from Cotswold Teacup Tours
- Episode 16 – Everything you need to know about booking a photoshoot with Domi
- Episode 14 – Highlights from Tracy and Doug’s 2022 trip to the UK
- Episode 4 – Tips for visiting London
- Episode 3 – Visiting York with Sinead
- Episode 2 – How to travel around the UK by train
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!