In episode 34 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast Tracy chats with Doug of Meneage Tours in Cornwall.
If you have listened to episode 32 of the podcast when we chatted to Wendie Hume about her month-long driving holiday around the UK you may remember how much Wendie loved her day tour with Meneage Tours.
So I had to ask Doug onto the podcast to chat about all things Cornish!
In this episode, you will learn about the various tours Meneage Tours offers around Cornwall including some that fans of Doc Martin and Poldark will find of particular interest.
We also discuss the advantages of taking a private driver-guided tour with Meneage Tours.
Doug also shares tips and insider information and important things to consider if you are planning a trip to Cornwall.
Other tours offered by Meneage Tours include the Lizard Peninsula, a 5 day tour to explore Cornwall in more depth and an ancestry-based tour for those interested in tracing their Cornish roots.
You will also discover Doug’s number one tip for first-time visitors to Cornwall plus information about how to contact Doug to book a tour with Meneage Tours.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 34 – Show Notes
Exploring Cornwall with Doug of Meneage Tours
Topics covered in this episode include:
- An introduction to Meneage Tours by owner Doug
- Information about the various tours offered by Meneage Tours including
- Poldark and West Cornwall
- Doc Martin
- The Lizard Peninsula
- 5 day tour
- Ancestry tours
- The origin and meaning of the company name “Meneage” (and how to pronounce it)
- How to book a tour with Meneage Tours
- Minimum and maximum numbers
- Where Doug can pick you up for a tour
- Considerations when deciding which tour to book
- Ancestry tour – contact Doug regarding this tour in advance
- The advantages of hiring a private driver-guided tour of Cornwall with Meneage Tours
- Various destinations Doug can include when picking up tour guests from places such as Heathrow
- Doug’s tips for anyone visiting Cornwall for the first time
Places mentioned in this episode include
- St Michael’s Mount >> Historic castle, garden and island located off the coast of Marazion in Cornwall.
- St Ives >> Coastal town in Cornwall famous for beautiful beaches and connections with artists such as Barbara Hepworth
- St Erth >> catch the train from this village to St Ives
- Lizard Peninsula >> Peninsula and most southerly point of mainland Britain
- Truro >> Cathedral city and civil parish in Cornwall
- Falmouth >> Town and port located on the River Fal on the south coast of Cornwall
- Port Isaac >> Seaside village famous as the location of Port Wenn in Doc Martin
- Boscastle >> Village located on the north coast of Cornwall
- Tintagel >> Villlage located on the north coast of Cornwall famous for its connection with the legend of King Arthur
- Bodmin Moor >> 208 square kilometres of moorland famous for wild ponies. Temple which Doug mentioned in the podcast is located here
⭐️ A PDF transcript of this episode is available to download here.
We also have some useful planning resources on this website about visiting Cornwall
- 7 day road trip itinerary around Cornwall
- Episode # 32 – Trip Report with Wendie Hume (31 day road trip around Britain)
- Episode # 21 – Top 10 experiences from our 12 week UK vacation
- Episode # 14 – Highlights of our 3 month trip around England and Scotland
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!