This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 75 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast Tracy and Doug Collins chat with guest Wes Wetherell about his UK rail trips around the UK.
Wes shares his experience planning and navigating multiple train lines, as well as visiting charming villages and exploring the beautiful countryside. Join us as we dive into the intricacies of UK travel by rail and discover the hidden gems that await you on your own UK adventure.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 75 – Show Notes
Exploring the UK by Rail: Trip Report with Wes Wetherell
- In this episode, Doug chats with Wes Wetherell a former lawyer from Chicago, Illinois
- Wes has visited the UK multiple times since 2002 for business and personal trips and has recently taken two rail trips in 2022 and 2023 with itinerary consults from Tracy and Doug.
- During both trips, Wes visited the village of Wetherell in the northwest of England, which has a family connection for him.
- Wes initially thought he knew how to plan his trips but realized he needed help with logistics and interpreting train strikes and joined the UK Travel Planning Facebook group and found resources like books and guides to help with his planning.
- He highlights the difference between planning day trips and planning a multi-train trip around the country or to rural areas.
- Wes stresses the importance of good planning and having access to resources and support when encountering problems during travel.
Click here to download a PDF Transcript of Episode 75
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!