This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 76 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast Tracy chats with Matt Archer-Back about his 2-week family road trip adventure around England.
Matt takes us through their itinerary, sharing the highlights of their journey including the Lake District, Cotswolds and Northumberland.
Along the way, they explore their family history, catch a performance of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and immerse themselves in the beauty of the English countryside. Tune in to hear Matt’s tips for planning a road trip with kids, navigating famous landmarks, and making the most of their time in each destination.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 76 – Show Notes
2 week family road trip around England with Matt Archer-Beck
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Family road trip around England, visiting numerous destinations including Dorset, the Lake District, the Peak District and Northumberland.
- Itinerary planning and consideration of visiting other cities like York and Bath but deciding to focus on nature and countryside, prioritizing hiking in the Lake District.
- Experiencing places such as the Lake District, Hadrian’s Wall, Stonehenge and Chatsworth House in the Peak District.
- Positive experiences in London at Westminster Abbey and the British Museum.
- Family enjoyment of a VIP Safari tour at Longleat
- Challenges and adjustments to driving on narrow roads in Dorset.
- Importance of planning, pre-booking attractions, and researching restaurants.
Places mentioned in this episode included
- Cambridge >> Cambridge Travel Guide
- Paycocke’s House (owned by National Trust)
- Cambridge Shakespeare Festival (held at Trinity College)
- Stratford upon Avon >> Stratford Travel Guide
- Warwick Castle
- The Dorset Coast >> Dorset/Jurassic Coast Travel Guide
- Hadrian’s Wall in Northumberland – Steel Rigg car park, Housesteads and the Roman Army museum
- Longleat Safari Park
- Ullswater (in the Lake District) >> Lake District Travel Guide
Restaurants mentioned by Matt included
Click here to download a PDF Transcript of Episode 76
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!