This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 57 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast Tracy and Doug Collins share insider tips for budget-friendly UK travel.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 57 – Show Notes
Exploring the UK on a Budget: Insider Tips for Affordable Travel
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Encouraging an authentic travel experience while saving money
- Travelling during low or shoulder seasons to save money
- Peak times to avoid, such as August in London and Edinburgh when accommodation is most expensive
- Staying in B&Bs and guest houses as a budget-friendly option
- Accommodation guides for B&Bs and guest houses in various UK destinations
- Benefits of B&Bs and guest houses, including breakfast and local interactions
- Exploring free activities in the UK, such as markets, gardens, and parks
- Meal deals from supermarkets like Marks and Spencers, Sainsbury’s, and Tesco
- Budget-friendly evening meal deals for self-catering accommodations
- Comparing transportation options: buses, coaches, and trains
- Parking fees and park-and-ride schemes for driving holidays
- Resources on UK train travel, including previous podcast episodes and an ebook
- Saving money on train travel in London with an Oyster card or contactless payment
- Free attractions in London, like historical places and art galleries
- Choosing budget-friendly accommodation in London, including chain hotels
- Passes for attractions and tours, such as the London Pass and City Pass for Edinburgh
- Researching and evaluating the cost-effectiveness of various attraction passes
Click here to download a PDF Transcript of Episode 57
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!