This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 56 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast I chat with guest Kathryn Johnson who recounts her family’s first visit to the UK in May 2023.
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 56 – Show Notes
Episode 56 Trip Report with Kathryn Johnson – A First Time Journey through the UK
Topics covered in this episode include:
- An overview of Kathryn’s itinerary
- Resources Kathryn used to plan her trip
- Favourite tours and experiences
- How they travelled around London and the UK (plus recommended apps)
- Kathryn’s favourite accommodations in Edinburgh and London
- What Kathryn purchased during the trip (souvenirs)
- Cultural differences noted by Kathryn during the trip between the UK and the US
- Kathryn’s top tip for anyone planning to visit the UK for the first time
Click here for a PDF transcript of Episode 56
Useful resources, articles & podcast episodes
- London – Cove Cannon Street Apartments
- Edinburgh – Old Waverley Hotel
Related Podcast Episodes
- Episode #55 – UK versus US
- Episode #54 – Top 10 Experiences in London
- Episode #38 – British Bites
- Episode #19 – Tips for choosing the best day trips from London with John Coupland
- Episode # 11 – How to get around the UK
- Episode #6 – Discover historic South East England with John England Tours
- Episode #24 – Getting around London on public transport
- Episode #26 – London to Edinburgh by train
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!