This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 60 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast join us for a chat with Oz Harris, the founder of tour company My Tailored Tours. Oz shares insights about private tours and highlights the benefits of a personalized and flexible experience which includes allowing for better control of timings and avoiding crowds.
Discover how My Tailored Tours can provide an immersive and deeper travel experience, leaving you with lasting memories. Tune in for expert tips and advice on planning your next adventure in the UK.
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 60 – Show Notes
Beyond London: Private Driver-Guided Day Tours with Oz of My Tailored Tours
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Oz’s background and how he started working as a tour guide.
- Information about My Tailored Tours, and the specialized and personalized tours they offer.
- Information about tour options including their most popular day trip to Stonehenge, Bath and Cotswolds.
- The benefits and value of booking a private tour, including the enhanced experience and flexibility.
- The importance of realistic expectations and not trying to visit too many places in one day.
- Oz’s emphasis on providing a quality experience and avoiding overpromising and underdelivering.
- How to book a tour with Oz’s company My Tailored Tours.
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Windsor Castle >> royal residence and fortress situated in the county of Berkshire, England, known for its historical significance and as one of the official residences of the British monarch.
- Stonehenge >> prehistoric monument located on the Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, England, consisting of a ring of standing stones and attracting attention for its archaeological and astronomical importance.
- Bath >> a historic city in Somerset, south west England, famous for its well-preserved Roman-built baths and Georgian architecture, and is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Castle Combe >> a picturesque village nestled in the Cotswolds, England, celebrated for its quintessential English charm, traditional stone cottages, and scenic beauty.
- Lacock >> a charming village located in Wiltshire, England, notable for its preserved medieval architecture, including a preserved abbey, and its use as a filming location for various period dramas (including Harry Potter)
- Stratford-upon-Avon >> a town in Warwickshire, England, renowned as the birthplace of William Shakespeare and a cultural centre, drawing visitors to its historic sites and theatrical performances
Click here to download a PDF Transcript of Episode 60
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!