This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In this podcast we chat about all things British from our love of tea, why we enjoy visiting gardens, and why we recommend staying in a B&B or heading to a local village pub if you want to meet the locals!
We answered questions posed by the Facebook group including general questions such as where to stay in London, our favourite UK foods, recommended castle hotels and more destination specific such as the best place to eat in Chipping Camden for afternoon tea or a roast dinner and how long to allow for a visit to the Tower of London!
We also shared our favourite books we are reading at the moment which are set in (or are about) the UK.
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 33 – Show Notes
Enjoying a Virtual Cuppa & a chat about all things British with guest Victoria of Cotswold Teacup Tours
Topics and questions we covered in this episode include:
- Do the British have any pet peeves about American tourists?
- The best ways to meet local people in the UK
- What is the difference between pubs and bars in the UK?
- What to expect when visiting the Cotswolds in April
- Why we love English gardens
- The Cotswold Way and walks in the Cotswolds
- Are fish and chips the national favourite meal?
- What is pub fare?
- Where to stay in London (recommended areas)
- Our favourite drink – tea!
- Recommend apps for booking restaurants in the UK
- Favourite castle hotels in England
- Tips to combat jetlag
- What to pack when visiting England in April
- Do you need a whole day to visit Windsor Castle
- What will it be like in London during the Coronation?
- How much time to plan to spend at the Tower of London
- Lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal at The Shard?
- Our recommended reads (books about or set in the UK)
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Chipping Camden >> Cotswold market town: Victoria recommended the Bantam Tea rooms for afternoon tea and the Eight Bells for Sunday Roast.
- Hever Castle >> Childhood home of Anne Boleyn
- Tower of London >> London’s most popular tourist attraction
- Hidcote Gardens >> One of the most famous and influential Arts and Crafts gardens in Britain.
- Kiftsgate Gardens >> Family-run garden in the Cotswolds featuring rare plants and shrubs including the world-famous Kiftsgate rose.
- Tower of London >> Historic castle and home of the Crown Jewels
- Tregenna Castle >> Castle hotel located in St Ives
- Windsor Castle >> Royal residence. St George’s Chapel is the resting place of the late Queen
- The Shard >> Designed by the Italian architect Renzo Piano this 72-floor London skyscraper is home to restaurants, a hotel and offices.
Click here to download a PDF transcript of episode 33.
Related podcast episodes
- Episode #20 – Introduction to the Cotswolds with Cotswold Teacup Tours
- Episode #27 – Delving into the Cotswolds
- Episode #7 – Things to know before you visit England
- Episode #6 – Exploring South East England with John England Tours
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!