In episode 41 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast, Tracy chats to John Coupland from John England Tours about his private medieval day tours in South East England.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 41 – Show Notes
Experience a Journey Through Time | Visit Medieval South East England With John England Tours
In this episode, you will learn:
- Medieval day tours available in the South East of England
- Lesser known medieval attractions worth visiting
- Which historic sites you can combine in a day tour
- The benefits of taking a private day tour
- How day tours can be multigenerational and can suit all age groups
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Ightham Mote – a 14th-century moated manor house, gardens and estate.
- Penshurst Place – a 14th century manor house and gardens once the property of King Henry VIII.
- Hever Castle – dating back to the 14th century, Hever Castle was once the childhood home of Anne Boleyn, second wife of Henry VIII and Mother of Elizabeth I.
- Canterbury – a cathedral city in the South East of England with a medieval centre with cobbled streets and timber-framed houses.
- Weald of Kent – The Weald is an area of Kent that is 120 miles long and 30 miles wide.
- Knole – A country house in Kent set in 1000 acres of parkland.
⭐️ A PDF transcript of this episode is available to download here
We also have some useful planning resources on this website for
- Connect with John through John England Tours website and John England Tours Facebook page
- Guest article written by John on UK Travel Planning – Historical Treasures of South East England
Related podcast episodes
- Episode #6 – Exploring historic South East England with John England Tours
- Episode #19 – Top tips to help you choose the best day trips from London
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!