This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 27 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast discover the magical beauty of the Cotswolds with Victoria from Cotswold Teacup Tours.
“The Cotswolds is such a beautiful and quintessential English part of the country. And to live in it and to be able to take tours around there I’m not surprised you absolutely love it.” -Tracy
Victoria is the owner of Cotswold Teacup Tours which takes small groups on private tours of the Cotswolds. She loves the area and is passionate about sharing her local knowledge and experience of this beautiful part of England.
In this podcast, Victoria chats with Tracy about the Cotswolds and answers a variety of questions from members of a UK Travel Planning Facebook group.
She also shares interesting stories and photos of the Cotswolds including photos she took of the snow which fell in the Cotwolds in December 2022/
Victoria also shares her favourite places for cream teas, walks and of course pubs. She mentions Lucy’s Tea Rooms in Stow on the Wold, the Cotswold Way and Monarch’s Way – a 600-mile escape route taken by King Charles II to escape Cromwell.
In this episode, you will learn the following:
- Discover the beauty of the UK in winter by exploring the picturesque snow-covered Cotswolds.
- Learn about some favourite English pubs and tea rooms in the Cotswolds.
- Uncover a little of the history of the Cotswolds.
- Learn about locally produced foods, goods and souvenirs available to purchase when you visit.
- A few walks that you can take in the Cotswolds.
- Find out how to book a private tour of the Cotswolds with Victoria
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 27 – Show Notes
Discover the magical beauty of the Cotswolds with Victoria from Cotswold Teacup Tours.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Some of Victoria’s favourite tea houses including Lucy’s Tea Room Stow in the Wold
- What locally made goods and produce to purchase from the Cotswolds – including lavender, wool and Stinking Bishop cheese!
- Favourite walks include the Cotswold Way and short walks such as from Upper Slaughter to Bourton on the Water
- Victoria’s favourite villages with a water aspect include Bourton on the Water, Bibury, Coln St Aldwyns and Mister Lovell.
Places mentioned in this episode include
- The Mousetrap Inn – Bourton on the Water
- Ebrington Church
- Highway Inn Burford
- The Broadway Tower
- The Sheldonian Building in Oxford
- Chipping Camden
- Arlington Row – Bibury
- Coln St Aldwyns
- Minster Lovell
⭐️ A transcript of this episode is available – click here to download a PDF version.
Other episodes you’ll enjoy
Slideshow of the photographs discussed in episode 27
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!