This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 65 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast Tracy interviews Deborah Harson, who previously visited the UK with her daughter Emily.
This year, Deborah returned with her daughter Brittany. Deborah talks about their two-week trip, which included visiting London and Cornwall. She highlights the tour they took in Cornwall, led by a knowledgeable guide who made the experience engaging.
Deborah shares the stunning places they visited in Cornwall, such as St. Michael’s Mount, Port Isaac, and St. Ives. She also talks about the highlights of London including the Tower of London, the V&A Museum and their photoshoot with Domi of Scalens Studio.
Overall, their trip was a wonderful combination of city and countryside, filled with beautiful landscapes and memorable moments.
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 65- Show Notes
Episode 65 – UK Trip report with Deborah Harsen
Topics covered in this episode include:
- How Deborah planned this trip with daughter Brittany
- The highlights of Cornwall
- Their favourite London experiences including places visited and a photoshoot with Domi of Scalens Studio
- Favourite accommodations
- Favourite eateries
- Deborah’s top tips for anyone visiting the UK for the first time
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Wells >> is a cathedral city located in Somerset, England, known for its stunning medieval Wells Cathedral and the historic Bishop’s Palace.
- Dartmoor >> is a vast moorland located in Devon, England, famous for its rugged landscapes, granite tors, and being the inspiration for various literary works, including Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s “The Hound of the Baskervilles.”
- St Ives >> is a coastal town in Cornwall, England, renowned for its picturesque harbor, art galleries, and stunning beaches that have attracted artists and tourists for centuries.
- Bedruthan Steps >> are dramatic cliffs located on the north coast of Cornwall, known for their towering rock formations and the steep staircase-like formations leading down to the beach.
- St Michael’s Mount >> is a tidal island in Cornwall, England, distinguished by its medieval castle and beautiful gardens, accessible by foot during low tide and by boat during high tide.
- Tregothnan Tea Plantation >> situated in Cornwall, England, is the only tea plantation in the United Kingdom, celebrated for producing locally grown tea and its historic estate.
- Stonehenge >> is an iconic prehistoric monument in Wiltshire, England, renowned for its mysterious arrangement of massive standing stones and its significance as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Tower of London >> Read more about visiting the Tower of London here
- Westminster Abbey >> Read more about visiting Westminster Abbey here
- V&A Museum >> Read more about London museums here
- Natural History Museum >> Read more about London museums here
- National Portrait Gallery >> Read more about London museums here
- Eateries mentioned included
- Accommodation mentioned included
Click here to download a PDF Transcript of Episode 65
- Episode #16 & Episode #53 – Chat with Domi of Scalens Studio – Book your photoshoot with Domi here (use code UKTP10 for 10% off)
- Episode #22 – Deborah talks about her 4 week trip to the UK in 2022 with her daughter Emily
- Episode #34 – An introduction to Cornwall with Meneage Tours
- Episode #37 – Cornwall road trip report
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!