Are you looking for accommodation in London? Not sure about which area to choose to suit your needs and budget? In this guide, you will find everything you need to know about Covent Garden. Our guide includes our recommended best hotels in Covent Garden
- What to know about staying in the Covent Garden area of London
- Best hotels in Covent Garden
- More accommodation options in London
What to know about staying in the Covent Garden area of London
If your budget allows this is my recommended area for first-time visitors to London. It is the place to which I head every time I visit London – with restaurants, shops, street artists, cobblestones, and a fantastic atmosphere the heart of the theatre district is where it’s at!
What to see in and around Covent Garden
Main attractions in the Covent Garden area are
- Theatres – head to one of the many theatres in the area for a show or musical.
- The London Transport Museum (I love their shop!)
- Neales Yard – one of the most popular ‘secret spots” in London
- Head to Trafalgar Square and two of London’s best art galleries – the National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery
- Shops! There are some fantastic shops to explore in the Covent Garden area from designer to quirky. My favourites – The Moomin Shop and Sass and Belle.
Who is the area best suited for?
Covent Garden is a fantastic area for first-time visitors to London, families with older children, theatre lovers, art lovers and shoppers.
There are Covent Garden hotels to suite a range of budgets too which makes this an attractive and affordable option.
Best hotels in Covent Garden
Luxury – The Savoy
Another of London’s most iconic hotels is the wonderful Savoy. Offering luxurious rooms and suites, a Gordon Ramsay restaurant and a guest spa this 5-star hotel is perfectly located in vibrant Covent Garden.
Nearest Tube station – Covent Garden (Piccadilly Line)
Family – Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street
A great choice for families the Radisson Blu and is located ideally for theatres and Covent Garden. Luxurious rooms, a superb breakfast and friendly staff sum up the many positive reviews of this hotel.
Nearest Tube station – Covent Garden/Leicester Square
Budget – Strand Palace Hotel
Offering great value for money the Strand Palace Hotel is in the perfect location to explore Covent Garden and surrounding areas. Facilities include a tour desk and ticket service, room service and free WiFi. A popular choice for the budget-conscious who also wish to stay near one of the most popular areas of London for theatre, restaurants and shopping.
Nearest Tube station – Covent Garden (350 m)
Budget – The Z Hotel Covent Garden
Fabulous location overlooking Covent Garden the Z hotel offers affordable luxury. All rooms have complimentary WiFi, large TVs with Sky TV and ensuite bathrooms. Perfect for perusing the shops and restaurants or visiting the theatre.
- Nearest Tube station – Covent Garden/Leicester Square
Apartment options in Covent Garden
Book well in advance if you are looking for an apartment as this is a popular option for many people.
Recommended apartment options in Covent Garden include
A beautiful apartment in a fantastic location including a well-equipped kitchen, private bathroom and free WiFi.
Beautifully decorated and immaculate apartment for a maximum of 5 guests.
More accommodation options in London
- Best chain hotels in London
- Best mid-range hotels in London
- Accommodation options and area guide for King’s Cross
- Best family friendly hotels in London
- London Accommodation Guide
- Budget London hotels