This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclosure here for more information.
In episode 50 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast, Tracy Collins chats with Marissa Barker and her mum, Cindy, all about their multi-generational trip around the UK.
Click the blue button below to listen:
This episode of the UK Travel Planning Podcast is sponsored by Surfshark VPN.
Click this link to get up to 83% off your Surfshark purchase + two months for free with selected Surfshark plans
Episode 50 – Show Notes
Unforgettable Adventures: Multigenerational Travel around Great Britain. Trip report with Marissa Barker
In this episode, you will learn:
- Where Marissa and her large family group travelled during their visit to the UK
- How Marissa organised the trip for a large family group of different ages
- Marissa’s experience of doing an itinerary consult with Tracy and Doug
- How Marissa compared costs for transport and tours
- Why using tour guides made the experience even better, especially for first time visitors
- Marissa and Cindy’s favourite foods during the trip
- What kinds of accommodation they stayed in
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Cornwall – St Ives, St Michael’s Mount, Lyme Regis. Tour taken with Meneage Tours. Visit our Cornwall travel guide
- Places visited in Scotland: Edinburgh, Inverness, Isle of Skye, Fort William, Orkney and Glasgow – Accommodation Carbost Lochside AirBnB. Tour taken with Whiskey and Tweed Tours. Visit our Scotland travel guide.
- Durham – Visit our Durham travel guide
- Liverpool – Visit our Liverpool travel guide
- London – British Museum, Covent Garden. Visit our London travel guide
- Wells – Accommodation at The White Hart Hotel
⭐️ A PDF transcript of this episode is available to download here
- Apps that were helpful with travel planning – Trainline and London Go. Find more travel apps to help your UK travels here.
Related podcast episodes
- Episode 47: Practical Tips for Visiting the UK
- Episode 44: Coasting around Cornwall
- Episode 34: An introduction to Cornwall with Meneage Tours
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
🇬🇧 Plan your trip to the UK 🇬🇧
We are here to help you plan your trip to the UK – wherever you are heading in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Our step by step guide to planning your trip and our itinerary planning challenge are great places to start. Join our free UK and London Travel Planning group on Facebook and chat with other travellers planning (or recently returned) from the UK.
Subscribe and receive our monthly news with travel tips and special offers plus podcast updates. Click here to subscribe!